CL command contents of ACBISQ/ACBXISQG

The Adabas documentation for the CL command states that the value returned in ACBISQ/ACBXISQG is “an estimate of the amount of processor time used by this user for Adabas command processing.”

A colleague of mine and I disagree on what that means. I think that it means the total processor time for the entire session that was completed by the CL command. My colleague says its the total processor time for only the CL command.

I was hoping that R&D could respond with the answer.

Regards,
Wayne

Unfortunately I’m not an Adabas R&D person, but still … your interpretation is correct.

Imho knowing just the time used by CL wouldn’t make a lot of sense anyway.

Thank you, Wolfgang. Knowing the processor time for the CL command would not be very helpful. I scanned the Command Reference manual for “CPU time” and found 3 hits. All of the references were for CL. If the CPU time for a single command was important surely that information would be available for other commands as well.

Regards,
Wayne

Just to confirm: in the field ISN Quantity (ACBISQ/ACBXISQG) of the CL command the overall Thread time used by this user for his whole session (beginning with the OP command or whenever the user queue element got created) is returned.

The Thread time for each single command is passed back in the command time (ACBCMDT/ACBXCMDT) field of the control block.