Chnage $any/all to Server1 when node goes down using diagnostic port

Requirement: To switch $any/$all schedulers to the good node in cluster when the other node goes down or has to be taken down for maintenance.

Similarly for pollers, Ports… Pls share suggestions. I am currently looking into scheduler.dsp to see how $any could be changes to Server1.

would have been better if you posted this in a right forum!

Server > Scheduler > User Tasks > New Task
Cluster Target Node = from the drop down choose, “any server” while creating the scheduler service. This would enable the scheduler service to automatically run on the “good” node i.e, the IS which is active!

yes but I am looking at when Server2 is hung. $any/all should be pointed to Server1 via diagnostic port without using Scheduler page :frowning:

What Cluster TargetNode you have set now $any?

What Cluster TargetNode you have set now $any?

Also it takes the LogicalServerName in the list and that’s why you wont see server1 or server2 in cluster…which you can notice in the schedulers.dsp

HTH,
RMG

“Requirement: To switch $any/$all schedulers to the good node in cluster when the other node goes down or has to be taken down for maintenance.”

Why would you do that? The point of $any is to run the job on the good node when the other node is down.

Rob,

Just another question…

What If we want scheduler to run only on one node in some situations?..How would we select from the list as it puts LogicalServerName instead of respective server name (server1 or server2)

Any ideas?

$any will cause the job to run on just one server (as opposed to $all). Which specific server is used is undefined. If one server goes down, the other server will take over the job.

If you want a scheduled task to run on a specific server, mark the task so that it is not “run in cluster.” Disable it on other servers.

“If you want a scheduled task to run on a specific server, mark the task so that it is not “run in cluster.” Disable it on other servers.”

I did not get you the Mark the task part and disable run in cluster

But how can you disable the job when the Cluster Target Node set to $any in the options? As it would disable job’s on both servers right:

May be I am missing some thing your point.

TIA,
RMG

My apologies. I’m recalling a setting from an older version.

I guess my primary point about scheduled tasks, notifications, etc. is that they are either configured to use the cluster or they are not. Changing $all to a specific server effectively turns off clustering for that task.

And since the stated goal of the OP was to “run on the good node when the other node is down” changing the task setting is not necessary.

OK got it…I will with $all option and try to turn of task on the server not required to:

HTH,
RMG