Changing the Processing Status

Rob,

Normal flow in the invoked service is it publishes a document locally which is picked up by the modeller.undesirable result is, it is not published at all as there is some service exception.
Anyway i’ll try to convince my manager to change the specification.
Thanks a lot for your time guys.I appreciate it.

ramesh.

Ramesh,
“Requirement is there should be Processing Rule’s Change User Status set and as well as change the user status from the flow service on specific condition”

this is not possible. what happens is even after u change, the status in ur service and do an immediate exit out of it, the status will change back to the once set in processing rule status. thats because as far as the rule is concerned, it has done it’s job and the status change is what it has do as the last part.
so no matter where u exit, once the processing rule is identified and it runs it will change the status finally to what u have set in the rule.
so it would be better for u to handle both kinds of status changes in ur service

Hi,
I have an EDI 810 sent by a TP. I have a processing rule defined in TN for the X12 Group type and after successful processing the document in the developer I can see(in TN)the user status and system status of only X12 Group being updated and I am not able to update the user and system statuses of Envelope and the Transaction set. Is there any way? Can any one help me? I will be very grateful

Thanks

Bala,

Create 2 processing rules, one for the X12 Envelope Document Type and the other for 810 Transaction Set and set the user status under the Actions tab of the processing rules.
hope this helps.

ramesh.

Bala,

Are you updating the UserStatus via processing rule or flow service changeStatus?Normally Envelope userstatus will be updated since most sent envelopes to VAN or Internet…

or else follow Ramesh’s suggestion…

HTH,
RMG