CDATA needed to be included in XML tag record

Hi all,
(I’m using SAP BC 4.6)
I have an xml file that stores Control information for all interfaces. One of the fields in this file is a “comment” field, where the owner of the interface can put some verbage.
to manage this file, I have designed a “showInterfacefile.dsp” page that displays the entire content of this file allowing selection of an individual interface for editing –> html output of the Individual Interfaces details Edit Flow service) –> then back to the content list showInterfacefile.dsp" which actually modifies the file.

My question is, how can I define the <![cdata[…]]> tag/attribute for the Comment field in the record definition in Developer?
This is what I currently have:
<file>
<interface>
<key1>abc001</key1>
<fld1>…</fld1>
<fld2></fld2>

<comment>this interface is owned by…&…</comment>
</interface>
<interface>
<key1>abc002</key1>
<fld1>…</fld1>
<fld2></fld2>

<comment>this interface is owned by…&…</comment>
</interface>

</file>

As you can see, having any special characters &, <,>, CR/LF, in the comment causes issues, therefore I need to wrap the CDATA tag around it to become:
<comment><![cdata[this></comment>

I have tried by mapping the <![cdata]> tag in my flow service, but this is only valid for the current interface and all other Interface comment fields loose this tag.

My Show flow service firstly retrieves the file from the filesystem via http, and because of the inherent management of XML in SAP BC/IS, the CDATA tag is removed when I translate the input Object with ‘loadDocument’ and ‘documentToRecord’.

After the user updates/edits the details, I modify the file in my flow then I covert the XML to xmldata string with ‘recordToDocument’, and then write this string back to the file system.

Any help or enlightment is appreciated.

Cheers,
Mick.

PS. can anyone also let me in on how to invoke the Large Editor for this “comment” field in my HTML output screen of my Edit Individual interface flow.