Can't run examples

Hi all,
I am very new for Tamino. I installed Tamino starter kit as recent version and jdk 1.4.1_02. I am trying to use “Tamino API for Java”. So I add the followings to my classpath:
.;%TAMINO4J%\jdom.jar;%TAMINO4J%\log4j.jar;%TAMINO4J%\TaminoAPI4J.jar;%TAMINO4J%\TaminoJCA.jar;%TAMINO4J%\xercesImpl.jar;%TAMINO4J%\xmlParserAPIs.jar;

%TAMINO4J% denotes C:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino 4.1.4.1\SDK\TaminoAPI4J\lib

(with this, some other classpaths are exist such as %SAG_COMMON%\xts.jar;%TOMCAT_DIR%\common\lib\servlet-API.jar;C:\www\axis\lib\axis.jar;C:\www\axis\lib\axis-ant.jar;C:\www\axis\lib\commons-discovery.jar;C:\www\axis\lib\commons-logging.jar;C:\www\axis\lib\jaxrpc.jar;C:\www\axis\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;C:\www\axis\lib\saaj.jar;C:\www\axis\lib\wsdl4j.jar;%TOMCAT_DIR%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\mysql-connector.jar;C:\www\xerces-1_4_4\xerces.jar;%TOMCAT_DIR%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes;C:\www\xerces-1_4_4\xercesSamples.jar;C:\www\fop-0.20.5-bin\fop-0.20.5\build\fop.jar;C:\www\mysql-connector-java-3.0.14\mysql-connector-java-3.0.14-production\mysql-connector-java-3.0.14-production-bin.jar;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software AG\sagxds.jar;%SAG_COMMON%\saglic.jar;%SAG_COMMON%\sagxds.jar;C:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino 4.1.4.1\SDK\TaminoAPI4J\examples)

To test examples,
jar xvf JavaTaminoAPIExamples.jar

But I am trying to compile examples after modifing DATABASE_URI string, there are 100 errors. I just typed the following in C:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino 4.1.4.1\SDK\TaminoAPI4J\examples:
javac com\softwareag\tamino\db\API\examples\greeting*.java

It seems that most errors are related with dom4j.

If I copy “ProcessXMLGreetingDOM4J.java” to “test.java” after deleting the first line(“package com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.examples.greeting;”),place “test.java” to “C:\temp” and compile it then I got some errors. The first five errors are saying that
“package com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.dom4j does not exist”
“package org.dom4j does not exist” and etc.

Isn’t enough to set classpath for six jar files to test examples? Or are there wrong commands that I use? If I am wrong, could anyone explain it with detailed instruction?

I have one more question. Can I use "HTTP Client API for Java " instead of “Tamino API for Java” to perform XQUERY as a FLWR form?

Please help me ~~!

Hey all,
I am still getting trouble with it. After I downloaded dom4j-full.jar from www.dom4j.org and added it to my classpath, I remove some of my errors.
But my test program still keep saying that “package com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.dom4j doesn’t exist”.
When I look at Javadoc reference documentation in Tamino API for Java Documentation, it seems that there is no package named by “com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.dom4j”.
There are only the following packages which starts with “com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel” in javadoc:
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.dom
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.jdom
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.sax
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.stream

Where can I find the jar file to use com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.dom4j package?

Hi,
The classes that you are looking for (com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.objectModel.dom4j.*) are present in the same jar file that you are extracting and trying to compile. i.e. JavaTaminoAPIExamples.jar

So you just need to modify your classpath a bit so that these classes are also in classpath.

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Vikram

Vikram Shinde

Thank you for your response. Now I can run my simple test file after I added the classpath to JavaTaminoAPIExamples.jar