Can't install Cumulocity on K3S because of certificate error

Product/components used and version/fix level:

1017 and 1018 - Cumulocity IIoT for Kubernetes

Detailed explanation of the problem:

WARNING - links are not allowed, so I had to malform them both in description and error message from event

Following documentation available under: cumulocity com/ guides edge-k8s/ installing-edge-on-k8 we were able to install operator and edge without issue even today morning.
But from afternoon, it is no longer possible - when edge definition is applied to cluster, in c8y namespace events we can see error:

kubectl get events -n c8yedge
86s Warning ValidationLoopBackOff cumulocityiotedge/c8yedge error resolving dependencies for [spec.version] value [1018.0.0] - failed to sign-in to the [registry c8y io] registry - Get “https registry c8y io v2”: x509: certificate is valid for * cumulocity com, cumulocity com, not registry c8y io

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

86s Warning ValidationLoopBackOff cumulocityiotedge/c8yedge error resolving dependencies for [spec.version] value [1018.0.0] - failed to sign-in to the [registry c8y io] registry - Get "https registry c8y io v2 ": x509: certificate is valid for *cumulocity com, cumulocity com, not registry c8y io

Question related to a free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

customer instance

Hi,
It looks like in your environment the domain “registry.c8y.io” is getting resolved to comulocity.com. Could you ping the registry.c8y.io and check if it is resolving to the IP address 3.123.163.70?
Thanks!

On the host IP is resolved to: 3.127.115.203
While dig shows:
|registry.c8y.io.|60|IN|A|3.127.115.203|
|registry.c8y.io.|60|IN|A|3.123.163.70|
|registry.c8y.io.|60|IN|A|3.66.153.146|

But in container inside k3s it resolves to: 172.65.169.170. I will search why this happens. Thank you for the hint

The issue was caused by search cumulocity.com in /etc/resolv.conf . For some reason it was added there automatically by Vagrant at startup. Sorry for confusion as this is not related to Cumulocity

It’s good that the error was found! I usually reboot the system and there is often a problem with this! But not always!