Cannot update model for monitoring

Hi,

I have installed 6.5.1 webMethods components on my machine. Through modeler I am trying to update a model for monitoring. It is giving following error…

com.wm.bpm.implementation.ImplException: Integration Server invoke: Exception = com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc34-0042][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Validation and generation process were successful for that model, problem is coming when it is to be monitored.

Can I know, which table WMModeler is updating the process, for monitoring? Reason is as per my understanding I have ran common/db/scripts properly.

Please advice.

Thanks,
sbp

Have you setup the database properly ?

Please refer the link below on advantage site which will give you the instructions for setting up the database for webM6.5.1

[url]https://advantage.webmethods.com/advantage?targChanId=forums&tid=1610633815[/url]

HTH
Prashant

I have done the configuration of database components as per the Database guidelines. But still it is giving problem.

Now I have moved back to 6.1 and was able to get the model on monitor.

Now next problem is - I am seeing my model in “UNUSED PROCESS MODELS” list with activation done. I am not able to see the model in “PROCESS MODEL” list which is just above that. Even I tried to run the process model by publishing the necessary input document but I am unable to see any information in recent activity, failed activity etc.

Please advice. I am using 6.1 webMethods components now.

Regards,
sbp.

Hello,
I also have the same problem a while ago … I have generate the model and update the model for monitoring successfully … I think it’s related with the database script to update the data. Please check WMPROCESSDEFINITION table on your Process or Core Audit schema.It should contain model name and enabled flag set to 1.

Regards,
arydewo

Did you enable the model? If not, try that. (Look at the generated trigger to be sure that it is enabled).

If you did try that, check the ENABLED column in WMPROCESSDEFINITION table as arydewo suggested and make sure it is 1. If it is not 1, then you can try updating it to 1 and then running pub.prt.admin:scanPackage.

As for your 6.5 issue - the day that 6.5 was GA’d I tried installing it and there were numerous issues with the database scripts some relating to PRT tables. I ended up using some of the scripts from 6.1 to get things up and running. I have not since tried the scripts, so can’t say for sure if there are any issues remaining that may be affecting you.

If all else fails, you might want to:

1. Delete the generated model package
  2. Run pub.prt.admin:scanPackage
  3. Remove the model definition from the database by running the following SQL:

[INDENT]

--remove custom field definitions
delete
from WMPROCESSMP.WMCUSTOMFIELDDEFINITION cust
where
cust.PROCESSKEY = '???';

--remove step transition definitions
delete
from WMPROCESSMP.WMSTEPTRANSITIONDEFINITION trans
where
trans.PROCESSKEY = '???';

--remove model step definitions
delete
from WMPROCESSMP.WMSTEPDEFINITION step
where
step.PROCESSKEY = '???';

--remove model definition
delete
from WMPROCESSMP.WMPROCESSDEFINITION proc
where
proc.PROCESSKEY = '???';

--commit the changes
commit;

You will, of course, need to substitute the ??? with the PROCESSKEY of your model (which you can find in Modeler or in the WMPROCESSDEFINITION table).
[/INDENT]–jeff

Hi guys,
I’m also facing the same problem now.The process model that i have created is listing in the unused list.I have checked the WMPROCESSDEFINITION table as you guys suggested previously.Everything seems to be OK.
Can anyone help me out on this.
Shyam

try this before touching PRT database.

1. go to the /config which modeler has generated
  2. you will find the .prt file (xml file) : this is called as prt fragment
  3. make sure u have only 1 prt file, if not then there is a duplicate prt fragment
  4. take backup and then delete the file/s
  5. generate model again and cross verify if prt file is generated again or not
  6. update for monitoring

this should be fine.