Cannot run the service Service Exception

Hello Everyone,

I’m trying to use a remote invoke and pass XML data from my gateway server to my hub server and I running into an error “Cannot run the service … Service Exception”

I’m running 4.01 on both servers.

I’ve set my alias within the administration function (tested the connection:it worked) and applied it to the set value of the remote invoke service along with the service I’d like to run on my hub. I’ve also set the scope to “Session”.

The ACLs on both servers match. But when I try to run it I get an error.

what’s the error log on the hub server say?

a) You want to test whether or not the service is being invoked in the first place. This can be done by having a pub.flow:savePipelineToFile as the first step in your service on the hub server. If the service on the hub server is being invoked succesfully, you should be able to restore the pipeline and step through the flow to see where the error is coming from. If your service is invoking a bunch of internal services, this error can come from one of the internal services.

b) For testing purpose, it is not a bad idea to set the default access mode (Security–>Ports) to “allow by default” on the hub server and set the ACL on the sevice to “anonymous”.