Cannot commit delete document

X-Application Version: 3.1.3
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.3
JDK Version : 1.4.0

Hello!

After trying commit process to delete my single document I got error page in the following message:

Minor Environment Exception
A minor environment problem occurred in the application program. Normally this problem is solved after a retry of the operation.
Error message: BusinessDocumentStateException occurred.
Help message: Elements of a document have to be changed, but the document on server side does not allow modifications. Try to change the current state of the document (e.g. make a document modifiable) and process your action again.
Exception class: com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.common.XException

However document was deleted successfully by this operation. Unfortunately I couldn’t display my update database data.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards
Dariusz Baumann

Could you please post some details? In particular: what’s the full error message? Do you always get this error message?

Michael

Software AG Germany, Darmstadt

Yes, I have been trying to solve this problem, unfortunately I couldn’t achieve any success. I have generated new X-application pages and designed a new image. Then I decided to add delete option, so I generated new pages (the same doctypes, the same database, the same tomcat version) and looked how it was implemented. Then I wrote the same lines like it was in new generated pages, but however it still does not work. I got the same error pages, like I attached in previous post. I don’t want to manage from scratch all my pages to add the only one feature (delete single record from my database tamino).

Any help will be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Dariusz Baumann

Sorry, but I can’t find the attachment. Could you please post the full error message again?

Michael

Minor Environment Exception
A minor environment problem occurred in the application program. Normally this problem is solved after a retry of the operation.
Error message: BusinessDocumentStateException occurred.
Help message: Elements of a document have to be changed, but the document on server side does not allow modifications. Try to change the current state of the document (e.g. make a document modifiable) and process your action again.
Exception class: com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.common.XException

A BusinessDocumentStateException occurred.

In most cases, that means you’re trying to modify a document which is not modifiable. If you have create or read a document, you have to invoke a “modify” action before you’re allowed to make modifications to this document.

In your case, you try to delete a document. Deleting results in this exception if the document is in the create state. I.e. you try to delete a document that has been newly created but never committed to Tamino.

Michael