CAN SOMEONE TELL ME?????

Hi,
in my last post i asked about how to write a query method that can retrieve the whole document instead of getting only some of the NODES by getDOM method as written in the documentation…???
i really cant figure it out…please someone try to reply…
:frowning:

Hello Shuch,
Most of the examples use queries like “person”, where person is a doctype. The TXMLObjectIterator returned in the query Response can then be used to iterate over entire XML Documents. Looking back over your posts, your problems seem to start here [url]http://tamino.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=5196[/url].
I don’t see anything wrong with the TaminoAPI4J code in that posting, but maybe the issue is really your GUI. Do you add the TextArea to the frame at some point, like this:

frame.getContentPane().add (area);

I hope this helps.

Hi Bill,
Thanks a lot for your reply…but the problem that you are telling me…that one I is solved already but now i just want to retrieve the whole document with a query and in my application i m not able to retrieve the whole document…is there any particular command for that???coz as u can c in the persons example performQueryAndListSerials calls printSerial and that in turn calls getDOMElementTextByTagShow and then in this last method some tagname is given and it just gives us information about those tagnames only…i want to write a query that should b able to retireve the WHOLE DOCUMENT instead of just parts of it…
please try to suggest me something… i will really appreciate ur help.
regards,
shuch.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding here. In your code, the line

TResponse response = accessor.query( query ); 

is a Tamino API call. If “query” contains a document type (like “person”) then a set of complete person xml documents will be returned.
Your code then gets the root DOM element of each complete document, and extracts individual nodes using the “getDOMElementTextByTagName()” method. This is not a Tamino API call, it is a DOM method to extract a specific node value from an Element. So your program already has the complete XML document in the variable “xmlObject”. To see its contents, you could use the TXMLObject’s “writeTo(OuptutStream)” or “writeTo(Writer)” methods. If you still have problems, you could contact your local Software AG office, which will be able to provide you with further advice and any training that might help you.
Best regards.

aha i c, now i understood…thanks a lot for your reply.
regards.