Calling Stored Procedure

I looked a various thread which relates to the error below :
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service xyz.abc:tstsp.
[ADA.1.314] Cannot set data for the input field “startdate”
For input string: “may”

looks like webMethods is not able to handle date. Can anyone confirm this ?

I am trying to call stored procedure with input type as date,date and output as varchar,boolean.

I am using default date type as input which is accepted in oracle( as ex. 17-MAY-2007). My stored procedure works fine when I execute using TOAD / sqlplus. (Oracle version 10gr1, IS 6.1)

anyhelp on this ?

Thanks
Sohan

Integration Server and the JDBC Adapter it hosts can handle dates just fine. Why would you immediately assume an error in the software rather than suspecting a problem in your own code/use of the adapter service?

If the data type of the input parameter of the adapter service is a Date, and you try to pass a string, it will fail. A String is not a Date. 17-MAY-2007 is not a “date type”–its a string using the default format that Oracle accepts.

You can use pub.date:getCurrentDate to get a Date object and pass that to your service. If that doesn’t work, please post a screen shot of the step that calls your JDBC adapter service and we’ll see what’s going on.