CAF Repositroy in webMethods

Hello,

Can anybody let me where webMethods Store CAF GUI WAR files. I can see it’s in PROD up and running, but Cross Vista repository never updated, so has to make base version using PROD CAF GUI WAR files.

Can anybody let me locations from where we can take PROD code?

Regards,

Alok Suman

Hi Alok,

did you look at <MWS_Root>/MWS/server/default/deploy?

If I remember right they should be located there or somehwat nearby.

Regards,
Holger

Thank you Holger. That location is for .exe files that’s complied one and in a single WAR files.

Can you please let me know where webMethods storing Source files of CAF. For example, we have developer packages for Source code, in same way where webMethods Storing CAF GUI files?

Regards,

Alok

Hi Alok,

CAF Sources are stored locally in the Designer Workspace.
For safety and collaboration reasons these should be placed under version control like SVN.

Can you share your wM Version please?

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger,

Thanks for all your reply.

I am using webMethods 8.2

I could understand we can have source code UI *.java code in repository, but just for deployment point of view I wanted to understand more that we can use deployer to promote in higher env in MWS.

But is there any way to have or get Source code in any location that webMethods store.

Or, webMethods create class files and those stored in WAR files in that files location MWS/…/deploy path always.

And Source code always have been at local or after check in at repository. And after deployment WAR files in MWS target locations.

Regards,

Alok Suman

Hi Alok,

sure, you can use Deployer to promote your application to higher environments.
That is the thing Deployer is developed for.

It will also promote items, which are not stored in designer but only configured in MWS like skins, shells, ui rules etc.

Source Code should not be promoted to higher environments for privacy and security concerns.

Regards,
Holger