Broker not running.

Hi All,

Encountering Following error while starting broker.
2007-05-16 18:28:52 GMT+05:30 [ISS.0099.0003E] Unable to create Broker Transport 172.18.111.163_5555_AdminClient. Exception com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exceptions.TransportException: [ISS.0098.9014] BrokerException: Unknown Broker Name
(223-1460): No Broker by the name ‘ST_BRK’ was found on host ‘localhost:6500’.

I have configured the broker though with a name ST_BRK and port 6500.
Is thre any other external things i need to do to make the broker running.

I am also not getting what this IP corresponds to 172.18.111.163_5555_ in the error message.

When i am trying to run the command broker_status from Broker\bin dir getting following err msg.
Unable to open connection to host ‘localhost’. Error ‘java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect’ was reported by the socket call.

Thanks in advance.

What do you see when you run the following at the command line:

server_config list

This should list the currently configured broker servers with their data directories, ports and current status.

If your broker server is not configured correctly and can’t be started you will see output from the command similar to this

C:\wm65\Broker\bin>server_config list
[BRC.200.1160] Warning: Cannot make a connection to the Broker Server Monitor on "localhost":
         Communications Failure (102-1055): Unable to connect to host 'localhost'.  It is not currently on the network.

[BRC.200.1118] Warning: Could not contact Broker Server Monitor for list of Broker Servers.
Listing local configuration:
1. Datadir:      c:\wm65\Broker\data\awbrokers65\default
     Executable:   c:\wm65\Broker\bin\awbroker.exe
     Port:         6849
     Version:      6.5
     License-key: "<removed>"
     Description: ""

If your Broker monitor is running you will see something like the following:

C:\wm65\Broker\bin>server_config list
List of configured servers running on "localhost":
1. Datadir:      c:\wm65\Broker\data\awbrokers65\default
     Runstatus:    Running
     Executable:   c:\wm65\Broker\bin\awbroker.exe
     Port:         6849
     Version:      6.5
     License-key: "<removed>"
     Description: "" 

If Broker Server is not running, then it may not have been installed properly its configuration files may have been edited manually, deleted or otherwise mangled.

Mark

Thanks carlson.
My server_config lists shows the default broker localhost:6500 which i have configured.But what is the process to create a new broker?