Broker Installation

Hi
I am at basic level in wm
I am having problem installing Broker. Can you guys please help me with the following error…:mad:

java.lang.NullPointerException
e2ei/11/Broker65_060605/Broker/Broker/panels/BrokerConfigPGPanel
com.wm.installer.broker.BrokerConfigPGPanel
java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.wm.installer.broker.InstallationUtils.samePath(InstallationUtils.java:1535)
at com.wm.installer.broker.InstallationUtils.isBrokerUpgrade(InstallationUtils.java:1925)
at com.wm.installer.broker.BrokerConfigPGPanel.installExecute(BrokerConfigPGPanel.java:159)
at com.wm.distman.install.PanelThread.executeProgressGroup(PanelThread.java:157)
at com.wm.distman.install.PanelThread.run(PanelThread.java:113)

Operating System-XP
Installed Oracle 10g

and there are no previous version’s of wm i am using WM 6.5

thanking u

regards

Make sure you wait for the panels to fully paint before clicking the next button.

If the installation failed, be sure you uninstalled everything using Windows Control Panel → Add / Remove Programs and deleted any remaining directory structures. Then launch Installer and try again.

Don’t click too quickly in the webMethods Installer, it doesn’t like that sometimes.

HTH,

Mark

hi
I did what u said but it still did not work i am having the same error…

I am using an image file for the installation…

thanking u

regards

If you are using the latest version of the 6.5 installer (6.5.1, I believe) then you may have a corrupt image file. I have installed Broker 6.5 several times in the last few days with no issues other than with Service Pack 2 when you select the wrong things.

Mark

I am going to try with a new image file again.

regards

Hi

The image that i had was working fine. I had to format my hard drive and reload every thing. The installation worked fine after that. I had installed and uninstalled oracle couple of times…i guess that corrupted some of my java files.

regards

Yikes. Sorry you had to to the “scorched earth” route, but glad that everything is working now.

-mdc