Broker document with UNICODE STRING fields causing Error on IS

We have a document that is defined on the ES/BROKER and all the fields in the document are unicode strings. I am moving the code that handles the document to IS from ES. When I created the broker document on IS, the fields are just plain string. Now, when I publish the document to IS, I get this error…
[1398]2006-06-09 08:39:16 MDT [ISS.0098.0049C] Exception:java.lang.ClassCastException while executing trigger. Rejecting Document for TriggerStore:TMS.Triggers:triggerGetShippableOrders.
[1397]2006-06-09 08:39:16 MDT [ISS.0098.9998C] Exception → java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 399

I can’t change the definition of the document on the broker. How can I get rid of this error?

Thank you in advance,
Zafar

How did you define the document type on IS? Did you use the “Sync Document Types” feature in Developer to pull the document type from Broker?

Create the document on your IS by selecting the document as a BrokerTypeDocument (hope you have broker gateway setup). Then use the document for processing.

I created the document in the way you specified.
File->new->document Type->broker document

syncd the document with document on broker…just for safety. I still get this error.