Broker basics

Hi all,

I am new to the Broker. I did my homework reading all the available documentation about publish/subscribe in webMethods and I did some of this type of integration before with another software package. I also downloaded the tutorial called “Sample – Multiple Publish (and wait) and Subscribe” from the Advantage web site (see [url]http://advantage.webmethods.com/article/?id=1611767896[/url] for more details) and it all worked well until I activated a second IS and installed the same tutorial code there.

The tutorial code basically shows how the Broker’s publish/subscribe works and how to take advantage of triggers and of the Broker itself. Very basic and simple, and it works very well when publishing document locally. But when I activated the Broker, I started to get the following error messages in the server.log:

2006-06-01 10:25:16 EDT [ISS.0098.0061D] No condition matches in trigger advantage.sample.sub:divideTrigger for document advantage.sample.pubwait.docTypes:workRequest with activation wm670270340f17a11daa7e48951fc74b8f3

and

2006-06-01 10:17:11 EDT [ISS.0098.0036E] webM IS RequestReplyHandler encountered Transport Exception: com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exceptions.RequestReplyException: [ISS.0098.9010] No waiting thread for Document Id: 24. Requestor might have timed out.

I did try synchronize all the document types created when the tutorial was installed and the broker has these document types. I haven’t changed anything.

I have added a second IS independent from the first IS and the tutorial still works well and I get the results, but the error messages listed above still show up in both IS now.

My questions are:

1. How can I see the documents published in the Broker and not processed? What is the gui tool or client that allows me to browse the transactions processed and/or failed by the Broker? - all the document types have storage type “Guaranteed” - and I am looking for a way to see those transaction posted by not consumed, similar to what we used to do with TN Console in the old days when working with TN.

2. What is the best way to troubleshoot these doc type and the transactions published and/or consumed by the Broker and its associated IS servers? Is there any tool to see what is going on behind the courtains?

3. Can anyone recommend a solution to make sure all the triggers and doc types are properly synchronized accross the IS and the Broker? I have added a second IS (not clustered) just to test and I want to make sure I synchronize all properly.

Sorry for the long text, but I am quite sure there is a Broker expert out there to help out. And others may benefit from the exercise too!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Waldesm,

Answering your question 1 & 2: To Monitor the documents in Broker go to http://serverIP:port/WmBrokerAdmin.

Answering your question 3: Developer is good tool to synchronise the documents manually.

IS and Broker periodically communicate to keep the docs in sync.

To learn more about clustering read “webMethods Integration Server Clustering Guide.pdf”

HTH,
Bhawesh.

Can anybody provide me the information of the clustering technique of the integartion servers ?

To quote the previous post:

What? That wasn’t clear enough? Do you need someone to read it for you and tell you which pages you should read?

Hi All,
Is there any built-in service in webMethods to synchronize the documents with the broker instead of doing it manually through developer

Thanks & Regards,
Rajani Pawar