Best Practices fpr SOAP-based EntireX integration

Has anyone developed a document of best practices for using EntireX for SOAP-based integration you would be willing to share? Such points would be on the level of:

1. Identification of the calling client application.
  2. Restart and recovery for failures of server processes or connectivity issues.
  3. Security around whether a client is authorized to make the service call.
    and other areas.

One of the things we are doing is creating a unique message id that gets associated with a transaction and stored. That opens the door for developing other services to make inquiries of the other systems in case the process failed or is still in process or was never successfully received by the server process in order to know how to restart/recover or if it is even necessary. Since service calls are bi-directional, all server processes on all systems need to support the storage of message-id, process name and status and to develop service inquiry services. Is this overkill or necessary for best practices?

Our SOA backbone is Oracle Fusion and we integrate with Oracle EBusiness Suite and SAP among other systems (some written in house). From my exposure to webMethods, it seems the SOA backbone should be providing some of this functionality but maybe I am mistaken or Oracle doesn’t provide this or we don’t know how best to utilize the SOA capabilities. It seems once SOA is called correctly that ownership of process completion should be there and not in the client, although we do have some long running services that do not reply synchronously but rather the client exposes a service to handle the call back when the service completes (successfully or with an error).

I have the opportunity to define standards for integration points on upcoming projects, so any answers to any of these things would be helpful.

Thanks!