If we ignore that a BPM has tasks, what are the benifits of having a process instead of direct service invoke with a doc publish and trigger??
Add to this list…
- BPM allows us to submits a step if it fails
- BPM allows us to monitor and analyse the performance of a process
- it alloes us to modify pipeline and resubmit (even if the BPM has failed)
- define KPIs…
- Better understanding and visibility of the entire business process
- Better error and exception handling
- Increases the effectiveness of your business
- Allows you to improve your business processes
For more information, Refer, follwoing guide, secion- Benefits of business process management.
IMHO, the benefit that BPM brings over a direct service invoke is clarity to the business, which is largely and often overlooked. BPM allows the business and IT to communicate in a similar language, providing higher signal fidelity (reduced loss of message).
More over, the Software AG webMethods Toolkit, especially the newest release, provides a more complete environment, keeping more of the assets within a single environment.