Attachments in task development

Hello,

I’m using designer 7.2 and I can see that it is possible to attach files within a task using ‘Input File’, ‘File Item’ and ‘Attachments panel’ controls, but i don’t really know how to use them.

I have two questions:

1. I have a BPM process with several tasks. I want to attach a file in the first task of the process and be able to review that file in a following task for validation. Is this possible?
  2. Tell me if i’m thinking correctly. I think that this works in the following way: First I attach a file and then submit and complete the task. In a subsequent step (task) I’ll be able to see that file using the ‘attachments panel’ control if i’m using the correct provider. If so? How can I do it?

Probably it’s only one question, but I desperate, and I’m not sure if I’m explaining myself very well.

Thanks in advance.

What i really want to do is to upload a file, and, i guess that i should provide this service with IS and then use it in CAF…

Right?

Thanks.

Did you try to drill down on content service section in MWS ? It might answer your question.

Also, if it can be changed then try to use a SAN file location reference instead of file attachments in your documents. It will be more efficient.