AS400 Adapter iSeries DATABASE service connection Type

I believe this is a JDBC connection to the AS400, if not then please correct me. But I do not understand how this connection would be used with the service that are provided with the adapter to run SQL statements. Any clarification with this would be helpful.

Thanks
Shawn George

Shawn,
There are several ways of accessing/integrating with the AS/400:

1. WmJDBCAdapter - as long as the IBM Java Tool kit is install on your AS/400, then you can configure the connector like any other database connection and create integrations using the template operations that are available to SQL

2. AS/400 Adapter 6.0.1
    The webMethods AS/400 Adapter is an add-on to the webMethods Integration Server that enables you to exchange data with IBM AS/400 servers through the use of the IBM ToolBox for Java or JTOpen. The adapter provides seamless and real-time communication with the AS/400 server. Using the AS/400 Adapter, webMethods clients can create and run services that execute commands and programs, and read and write data from data queues on an AS/400 server.

3. WmDB
    Using the ODBC driver provided by IBM, you can also connect to the AS/400 without the need of IBM ToolBox for Java.

Can i know the exact Driver details for connecting to AS 400 machine which doesn’t need IBM toolbox for java?

Please use the DataSource Class as com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource , which I have been using successfully from last 2 years.

Let me know, if you need any additional help.

Hi Venkat,
I am trying to use WmJDBCAdapter to connect to our AS/400 server.
To configure connection:

1. I have placed the jt400.zip in IntegrationServer/package/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars directory.
  2. Providing parameters like
    a.Server name
    b.User
    c.password
    d.DataSource Class-com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource
    e.Database name

I get the

ohh I see the problem…

Take off all th eparametrs specified in “Other properties-translatebinary=true;prompt=false”

just specify “driverType= thin” in other properties. Also once you place this jt400.zip file in lib directory you have to make sure this class has been loaded properly.

Just check about link, which will show you the IS classpath and make sure this zip file exists in classpath.

Please ignore the earlier message. That was a mistake.

Hi Venkat,

I am trying to use WmJDBCAdapter to connect to our AS/400 server.
IS version 6.1 and JDBC adapter version-6.0.3
To configure connection:

1. I have placed the jt400.zip in IntegrationServer/package/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars directory.
  2. I am Providing parameters like
    a.Server name
    b.User
    c.password
    d.DataSource Class-com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource
    e.Database name
    f. Other properties-translatebinary=true;prompt=false;
    But I get the error:

“Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource” cannot be located.
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource”

If I use the DataSource Class-com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver , I get the “Unable to configure connection manager.
null”

Please help.

Thanks Venkat!!
It worked