API Gateway policy to alert when API is called outside expected timeframe

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

API Gateway 10.11.0.14.328

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production instance

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

Trying to implement a policy such that an alert will be raised if particular Application(s) call an API outside a set window, ideally using in-built functionality.

I can get an custom extension in the request processing to initiate using ${time} > 00:00 and ${time} < 00:00. I could call an IS Service, however I do not really want to create a custom IS service to just write an alert to the server log file.

We plan to use splunk to read the server log file to generate the alert. Can anyone think of a way to do this with built-in functionality? or do I need to write a custom IS service?

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

No Error messages

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

No

Hi Nick,
We dont have any option apart from writing the custom IS service to handle this kind of scenario.

Regards
Vikash Sharma

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.