API Gateway: Native Endpoint vs Gateway Endpoint?

Hello.

I’d like to ask when it comes to API Gateway. In the API Details page, there are Native Endpoint and Gateway Endpoint. Actually, what is the difference between the two? I get the feeling that they are the links you have to invoke in order to enter the API Gateway… but again, I’m not sure which to use between the two that I don’t quite know the difference. I’m not sure where to look in the Reference Guide either. Can anyone help? Thanks.

@kristian.wijaya1234 , Both the endpoints are used to invoke your “services” resides in the target server ( Provider server).

API Gateway Endpoint : This endpoint is wrapped with Mediation and Threat Protection protection policy layer to invoke a Native service .

Native Endpoint : This endpoint is used to invoke your native service directly with out any threat protection or mediation policy

@DINESH_J
So… Gateway Endpoint will get you through the Policies set up, while the Native Endpoint will skip out the whole Policies set and then go straight to the URL given?

In case I want to run an operation, do I have to put it on the Gateway Endpoint? For instance, if I want an addUser operation, then I have to input

<protocol>://<host>:<port>/${defaultPrefix}/${apiName}/${apiVersion}/addUser ?

(And where does this ‘addUser’ get put into during the policy process?)

@kristian.wijaya1234 , Yes that correct .

its up to you how you want to invoke your service based on the requirement.

if its required to get through via gateway endpoint use – <protocol>://<host>:<port>/${defaultPrefix}/${apiName}/${apiVersion}/addUser

if its required to get through vai Integration server call it via – <protocol>://<host><port>/invoke/Folder:servicename

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.