API Gateway Identify a user when they call an API

Hello

I have an API configured with OAuth to authorize access based on token provided and this works. However, I would also like to identify which user called the API. Is this possible? I have API Gateway version 10.3.

Regards,

Yunus Aswat.

Hi Yunus,
Can you please elaborate a bit more on the use case? Are you looking for passing the user details to API along with OAuth?

Regards.

Hello Prabaa,

Yes I do want the user details passed and authenticated in addition to OAuth (OR is there a way to relate the OAuth token back to the user who obtained it?). I want to log using the “Log Invocation” policy so that I can aggregate and report on who accessed the API.

Regards,

Yunus Aswat.

Hi Yunus,
You can use Basic Auth along with OAuth but you have to create a custom policy in Identify and Access to do this.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Hello Praba,

Thank you for the information.

I now have the challenge of introspecting the MessageContext to pull out the OAuth token. There appears to be very little documentation available about MessageContext. Where can I find documentation about this? Also what jars do I need?

Regards,

Yunus Aswat.

Hi Yunus,
I believe you are trying to use the MessageContext variable. Please use the below documentation.

The API for Context Variables

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed after 1083 days. New replies are no longer allowed.