Apama Mar 2023 update (v10.15.2)

Apama provides real-time streaming analytics and intelligent automated actions on fast-moving data. Apama is a standalone product that is also available as part of Cumulocity IoT, where it also powers Cumulocity IoT-only capabilities, such as the drag-and-drop Analytics Builder.

The latest version of Apama has arrived, version 10.15.2, with a focus on enhancing development and monitoring. This follows Apama’s commitment to support the latest technology, incorporate the latest security updates and allows you to take advantage of the latest features.

Version 10.15.2

Casting between EPL data types is now easier

Type conversion is a common programming task, and Apama now makes this a little bit easier.

You can now write:

integer i := 10;

float f := <float> i;

Instead of:

integer i := 10;

float f := i.tofloat();

Previously, doing the following type of cast from an any data type would throw a cast exception if the actual type of the value did not match the target type:

any a := 10;

float f := <float> a; // Previously generated a cast exception, since 10 is not a valid float (rather than 10.0)

Status metrics from multiple Connectivity plug-in chains represented more usefully in Prometheus

User status metrics can now be grouped and viewed more easily in Prometheus-based tools, such as Grafana. User status metrics within names containing labels are now converted into Prometheus metrics with the labels converted to Prometheus metric labels.

For example, the HTTP Server transport now outputs metrics in the following Prometheus format:

sag_apama_correlator_user_httpServer_metricname{chain=5}

Instead of:

sag_apama_correlator_user_httpServer_instance_5_metricname

As you can see, when dealing with multiple chains, by removing the instance from the metric the metric remains common across all instances, making processing via Prometheus-based tools more straightforward.

Find out more

The Community Edition of Apama 10.15.2 is available for you to download now.

More information about the new capabilities mentioned here and other improvements and changes are described in the v10.15.2 release notes in the product documentation.

Please give this latest version of Apama a try and let us know how you get on!