Apama Analytics Builder - Custom Blocks

Hi
I am trying to implement some blocks in Apama Analytics Builder, I follow the instructions from the link: GitHub - SoftwareAG/apama-analytics-builder-block-sdk: Apama Analytics Builder Block SDK, however, the blocks do not appear.
I tried creating some blocks and tried to use the sample blocks from the documentation.
The file is in the cumulocity repository but does not appear in apama, could someone tell me how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for listening!

Have you used the --restart option to request a restart of the service? The blocks are only available after a restart (which will stop and re-start any models you have running)

I tried to reboot and no new block appeared, I was wondering if it could be the subscribed microservice, because in the cumulocity documentation, to use Apama EPL apps you need apama-ctrl, I didn’t find anything talking about Apama Analytics Builder, but I am subscribed to apama-ctrl-starter, could this be the problem of blocks not appearing?

I tried to reboot and no new block appeared, I was wondering if it could be the subscribed microservice, because in the cumulocity documentation, to use Apama EPL apps you need apama-ctrl, I didn’t find anything talking about Apama Analytics Builder, but I am subscribed to apama-ctrl-starter, could this be the problem of blocks not appearing?

Apama Starter does not support custom blocks. You would need to upgrade to apama-ctrl by going through support.

1 Like

I understand, thank you very much for your help!