Allowing Applications to use specific resources of an API

Hello everyone,

I am using webMethods API Gateway version 10.11.0.8.192 and Software AG Command Central 10.11 our production environment.

I am wondering if is possible to allow registered applications to use a specific resources of defined REST API.

For example I have added PetStore API, which have three different resources (or operations) :
Resource A, Resource B, and Resource C. And I have three registered Applications: Application A, Application B, and Application C. How can I do the following:
Enable Application A from using all resources and methods.
Enable Application B from using Resource A and Resource B only.
Enable Application C from using Resource C only.

Thank you,
Abdulaziz

2 Likes

API Scope allows this separation from a Policy definition/enforcement point, but not from an API Consumption point.

@John_Carter4, this can be a nice feature but I can see the complexity in implementing this.
Is a feature request in order?

KM

3 Likes

Hi,
you would need to raise this as a feature request in our new ideas platform here ?

Ideas portal

regards,
John.

2 Likes

@azizbk, you can submit a feature request using the link that John has shared above.
If you’re unable to, or if I don’t hear from you in a couple of days, I will submit the same on your behalf.

KM

1 Like

@Venkata_Kasi_Viswanath_Mugada1 +1 for Feature request . Also the same would apply for SOAP operations. Selective access for certain operations for certain applications.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.