Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Fail to connect to oneworld source

Hello Forum,

we are running webMethods IS 6.5 SP2 on a Windows 2003 Server and we are connecting to a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12 database on an AS400/i-Series Server. We received WSG/IS from Peoplesoft/Oracle as part of the JDE 8.12 Upgrade. We have several packages installed on the server. Some flowservices are started by files being FTP’d in and some by HTTP Posts of xml documents. Even though our traffic has not increased much over the past two to three months we are seeing a certain error message occuring more frequently. The error message occurs when in a flow service a call to the JDE database is made for the first time. And the message basically states that IS can’t connect to the JDE database. here is the error message:

com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service AdapterServices.Business_Function.Common:getAuditInformation. Fail to connect to oneworld source com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.dbservices.BSFNLookupFailureException: Fail to fetch LibraryInfos [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource Object Librarian - 812. com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.SpecFailureException: Fail to connect to oneworld source com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.dbservices.BSFNLookupFailureException: Fail to fetch LibraryInfos [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource Object Librarian - 812. at com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.dictionary.OneworldSpecDictionary.getSubcontextsExternal(Unknown Source) at com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.dictionary.ContextImpl.getSubcontexts(Unknown Source) at com.psft.xpi.adapter.erp.classloader.ERP9ConnectorAbstracter

If this happens during a batch process then only the first record will error out and since we have error handling in place a message will be sent but the program will go to the next record and continue and with this and the following records everything is fine. It only seems to affect the initial call to the database. Is this some kind of time out issue? Should we play with the time out settings of the enterpriseOne adapter service?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

Has the JDE Server been restarted recently? Did you restart the JDBC Adapter connection after this restart (if there was one)? What is the connection minimum pool size set to?

Cheers,
Akshith

Hi Akshith,

thanks for the quick reply. We restart services for JDE and the IS server every weeknight. Here are our Connection Management Properties for the EnterpriseOne Adapter: Minimum Pool Size:0, Maximum Pool Size 10, Pool Increment Size 1, Block Time out (msec) 1000, Expire Timeout (msex) 1000 Startup retry count 1 Start Up Backoff Timeout (sec) 10.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Mike

The settings look okay to me. Did anything change on the network side recently?

I thought about asking to set the “Startup retry count” parameter but looks like you already covered that part.

Well, may be I have to correct something from my initial post. We did do a change about three months ago due to our original IS server having increased processing time on daily sales batch files. What we did is we brought a second IS server online whose only task right now is to process the long daily batch files. This server on a normal day has activity in the morning for a couple of hours and then again in the afternoon. But then every week or so there is one day where the server might be processing batches from almost all the time from 8 AM until 5 PM. The errors however that I posted here occur on the other / old IS server which handles most of our E-Commerce single XML document traffic. There are several packages on that server where we sporadically receive single XML order documents over the course of the day. One of those packages has indeed seen an increase in usage lately now that I think of it. Both IS servers are accessing the same i-series AS400 JDE database.

Thanks for all your help.

Mike

Today we had the following error on the server that processes only the sales batch files. We have this error may be once every 10-14 days on that one. This one states TIME OUT so I am wondering whether I should increase the block time out and expire timeout from 1000 to say 2000 msec.

Here is the beginning of that error:

ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service AdapterServices.Business_Function.Common:getAuditInformation.
Fail to connect to oneworld source com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.dbservices.BSFNLookupFailureException: Fail to fetch LibraryInfos [RESULT_SET_TIMED_OUT] Result set has timed out.
com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.SpecFailureException: Fail to connect to oneworld source com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.dbservices.BSFNLookupFailureException: Fail to fetch LibraryInfos [RESULT_SET_TIMED_OUT] Result set has timed out.