ADA.1.204 - JDBC Oracle connection Error

Hello!
I’m getting below error while trying to configure a JDBC Oracle connection.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource acme.adapters:acmeJDBC.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

Here is my set up:

• Windows 10 PRO.
  • webMethods IS 10.15 x64 trial version.
  • Oracle DB 18c XE(before 21c)
  • JDK 19.0.2

Here is the list of troubleshoot attempted so far:

1 Other properties as: thin, oci and blank(upper and lower cases).
2 Server name as : localhost, 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.8(real local ip) and real machine hostname.
3 Downgrading from Oracle XE 21C to Oracle XE 18c, decide it to try after seen in webMethods Adapters System Requirements documentation, that my version of webMethods Adapter 10.3 for JDBC, did not listed Oracle DB 21c.So i thought of giving a shot, despite understanding that a later version shouldn’t be an issue.
4 Different versions of JDBC Oracle driver: ojdbc11.jar, ojdbc10.jar and ojdbc8.jar .
5 Generate ‘tnsnames.ora’ using NETCA and placing in the oracle DB folder …\product\18.0.0\dbhomeXE\network\admin
6 As per @Holger_von_Thomsen inputs:

• changed the driver back to ojdbc11.jar
  • checked for trailing blanks.

Connection config screen:

Oracle DB proof of connection:

Hi Eduardo,

when running on JDK 19, ojdbc11.jar will be the best choice.

“Other Properties” field needs to be “driverType=thin” for Oracle databases.

Please check the remaining fields (esp. ServerName, Port and DatabaseName), that they do not contain any leading or trailing blanks.

Network Protocol is not required in this case but tcp should be working.

Regards,
Holger

2 Likes

Hi Holger, thanks for your input.

I’ve just changed back the driver to ojdbc11 and checked for trailing blanks but the issue still remains.

Best Regards.

Hi Eduardo,

did you reload the WmJDBCAdapter package after exchanging the ojdbcx.jar (or stop and restart the IS)?
Remove all other occurences of ojdbcx.jar from IS classpath to avoid class loading conflicts.

Did you change the “Other Properties” field as requested?
Eventually provide an updated screenshot of the connection config.

Are there any fixes applied to the JDBC Adapter?

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hil Holger,

Sorry for my misunderstanding. On second thought, it makes sense to indicate what type of property is being configured under “Other Properties”. After changing this to “driverType=thin” instead of just “thin”, the previous error stopped appearing, but unfortunately the new error below appeared.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource acme.adapters:acmeJDBC.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
(CONNECTION_ID=dJuSzI+WSRegC/VLURag2A==)

This is how its set now:

This is how i connected to the same database using Oracle SQL Developer. Considering is configured with a “Service Name”, should the “Database Name” in JDBC Adapter Connection be set differently?

Hi Eduardo,

can you check you Oracle installation for the files tnsnames.ora and listeners.ora?
In one of these files you will have to configure a SID additionally to the service name.

Or instead of specifying the databaseName, add a property to the other properties field with “;serviceName=XEPDB1”.

Alternatively you can use the bundled DataDirect-Driver instead of the native Oracle-Driver.
Check the Pool config in IS admin for the required Data.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Holger,

setting “;serviceName=XEPDB1” did the trick.

Thanks a lot man, i’ve been on this for over a day and running out of time to practice some coding.

Now the fun begins… :smile:

Thank you very much and have a good one!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.