Ability to support multiple URL’s in TN??

Can we support sending messages to multiple systems (i.e different urls) in TN with one partner profile?

Scenario

1. Trading Partner should be able to sends PO’s to TN from either system-1 or system-2
  2. Assume System-1 will send OAG xml and System-2 will send cXML
  3. We will be able to create only one profile for a Trading Partner because other limitations
  4. We need to send POAcks to corresponding systems based on originating system
  5. We can store PO number which is unique in db and determine originating system.

Thanks in advance
JNK

1. We will be able to create only one profile for a Trading Partner because other limitations

Let’s explore those limitations to see if those are really limitations. Can you elaborate?

On first review, I’d offer that multiple profiles is the way to go. Even though you’re exchanging docs with 1 company, you’re interacting with 2 systems–you actually have 2 trading partners.

I’m with Rob - this would be best with two profiles.

However, I’ll assume for now that your limitation is a hard limitation. Yes, TN can support sending to multiple destinations with one partner profile. You could set those multiple destinations in the TN partner profile, and then use wm.tn.delivery:deliver to send the document. The serviceName input of wm.tn.delivery:deliver would be the name of the delivery service/destination you wish to use (such as Primary HTTP), and the bizdoc input the document you wish to send (in BizDocEnvelope format).

Rob/Phill,

Thanks for quick response, It is a very hard limitation so we have to go with one Profile. I am already looking into the delivery type.

Regards
JNK

Phil,

“You could set those multiple destinations in the TN partner profile”

You mean setting both primary HTTP/secondary Http etc…? and then use service wm.tn.delivery:deliver service level to handle diff destinations…

HTH,
RMg

yep - that’s the ticket.