A connection to the Broker Server "localhost" could not be established.

Hi,
When I open the web of WmBrokerAdmin, I see "A connection to the Broker Server “localhost” could not be established. Make sure the Broker Server is running on the correct Broker Server:Port and the Broker Server host is running, reachable, and known in the network. " and “Connection Status
Error: run state of server localhost unknown”.
In the windows Event Viewer, I see "Could not determine Fully Qualify Name for computer, using “CNSBGRN”. Some clients or brokers may not be able to contact this broker. " What is the meaning?
Thanks
Crane

Basic question : have you launched you Broker Server Monitor ? (this process will also launch all Broker Servers).

This error can also happen when your Broker installation has been done with no root privilege ?

Can anyone tell me how to launch the Broker Monitor.

thanks in advance,

devg

I am facing a similar problem. But my broker monitor and broker server are running up.
Previously I was able to see my broker server on the admin page, but last time when i restarted , I got the above error.
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Restart the Broker server - if the broker server was running fine but still if you are not able to see the broker from the WmBrokerAdmin page (Broker 6x version)

You can restart Broker Server from MWS in wM7x version.

Hi,

To start the broker monitor in the unix follow the below steps;

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]

Navigate to the directory that contains the Broker Monitor script.

[/size][/font][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]

2 [/b][/size][/font][SIZE=2]Run the following command:

[/size][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1]

./[/size][/font][SIZE=1]S45_broker71 [/size][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1]start

[/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]

Where [/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Italic][SIZE=1]S45_broker71 [/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]specifies the file name of the start up script.

3 [/b][/size][/font][SIZE=2]To confirm that Broker Monitor is running, enter the following command:

[/size][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1]

ps -ef | grep aw

[/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]If Broker Monitor is running, ?gawbrokermon?h will appear in the process list.

Windows :
[FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]

From the Start menu, open Services as follows:

Settings [/b][/size][/font]> [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Control Panel [/size][/font]> [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Administrative Tools [/size][/font]> [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Services
Note
[/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]: This command sequence varies by Windows version. If the sequence above does
not work for your version, consult Windows help for the correct command.

[/size][/FONT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]

2 [/b][/size][/font]Right?]click the [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]webMethods Broker Monitor [/size][/font]service and click [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Start[/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2].
The status of the Broker Monitor switches to ?gStarted?h and Broker Monitor starts the

Broker Servers that reside on the machine.
[/size][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]