7.1.2 to 8.2 upgrade/migration

Hi,

Has anyone completed any 7.x to 8.x version migration.

We have a project to migrate one application consisting of processes, tasks,UI and integration components from 7.1.2 to 8.2 migration.

Can anyone please let me know if there are any issues and concerns or any precautionary measures to e taken during this upgrade.

Thanks
Gayathri

Hi Gayatri,

7.1.2 to 8.2 should be fairly easy and we dont expect any issues with that especially with IS, MWS,BPM and TE.
The only thing you need to take care is with the Cluster upgrade.

Let us know if you are looking for any specific information.

Thanks
Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for the info. The process and tasks i was able to deploy properly, but i am facing couple of issue when deploying caf pages. Please find the below error.

[POP.003.0024] The type “/meta/default/wm_basicbreadcrumbs/0000007419” is either disabled or not deployed to this MWS cluster node. Please contact the My webMethods Server Administrator.
com.sun.el.parser.ParseException: Encountered “:StartDePuyIIRDefaultviewView” at line 1, column 153.
Was expecting one of:
“.” …
“[” …
“:” …
“>” …
“gt” …
“=” …
“ge” …
“<=” …
“le” …
“==” …
“eq” …
“!=” …
“ne” …
“&&” …
“and” …
“||” …
“or” …
“*” …
“+” …
“-” …
“/” …
“div” …
“%” …
“mod” …

at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.generateParseException(ELParser.java:1664)
at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.jj_consume_token(ELParser.java:1544)
at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.Choice(ELParser.java:229)
at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.Expression(ELParser.java:208)
at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.DeferredExpression(ELParser.java:146)
at com.sun.el.parser.ELParser.CompositeExpression(ELParser.java:74)
at com.sun.el.lang.ExpressionBuilder.createNodeInternal(ExpressionBuilder.java:139)
at com.sun.el.lang.ExpressionBuilder.build(ExpressionBuilder.java:188)
at com.sun.el.lang.ExpressionBuilder.createValueExpression(ExpressionBuilder.java:232)
at com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl.createValueExpression(ExpressionFactoryImpl.java:92)
at com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.createValueBinding(ApplicationImpl.java:484)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.application.CAFApplication.createOrigValueBinding(CAFApplication.java:53)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.application.CAFApplication.createValueBinding(CAFApplication.java:126)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.view.cache.BaseCachedBuilder.addProperty(BaseCachedBuilder.java:285)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.view.cache.BaseCachedBuilder.addProperty(BaseCachedBuilder.java:94)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.view.xml.XMLViewBuilder.endProperty(XMLViewBuilder.java:439)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.view.xml.XMLViewBuilder.endElement(XMLViewBuilder.java:167)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.view.xml.XMLViewHandler.createBuilder(XMLViewHandler.java:44)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.view.BaseViewHandler.createView(BaseViewHandler.java:88)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletLifecycle.setViewId(PortletLifecycle.java:508)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletLifecycle.restore(PortletLifecycle.java:304)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletLifecycle.render(PortletLifecycle.java:187)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet.render(FacesPortlet.java:397)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.impl.PortletApplicationHandler.process(PortletApplicationHandler.java:495)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:58)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:390)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:192)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.PortletContainer.dispatch(PortletContainer.java:221)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.PortletContainer.process(PortletContainer.java:130)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.PortletContainer.renderPortlet(PortletContainer.java:103)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.beans.PortletBean.processRequest(PortletBean.java:193)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.beans.PortletBean.getContentInternal(PortletBean.java:82)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.portlet.beans.BasicPortletBean.getContent(BasicPortletBean.java:151)
at com.webmethods.portal.mech.portlet.impl.PortletMechanics.getPortletContent(PortletMechanics.java:96)
at com.webmethods.portal.mech.storage.page.PortletHelper.renderContent(PortletHelper.java:428)
at com.webmethods.portal.mech.storage.page.PortletHelper.renderContent(PortletHelper.java:400)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.presentation.renderers.DefaultRenderer.renderPageContent(DefaultRenderer.java:313)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.presentation.renderers.DefaultRenderer.render(DefaultRenderer.java:224)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.presentation.PresentationManager.handlePres(PresentationManager.java:370)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.pres(DispatchManager.java:623)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.handle(DispatchManager.java:458)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.handleDispatch(DispatchManager.java:369)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.impl.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:272)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
at com.webmethods.portal.framework.impl.NTLMFilter.doFilter(NTLMFilter.java:50)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.webmethods.caf.faces.servlet.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:42)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:547)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

Hi Gayathri,

I suspect you missed a step in the upgrade process.
The Custom CAF portlets that you have created in your 7.1.2 Environment have to be manually deployed to each 8.2 MWS node in the cluster.

Copy the .war file from your 7.1.2 env to the <8>/MWS/server//deploy folder.

The above step has to be done for each 8.2 MWS instance.

Thanks
Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

I would copy the war file in the deploy folder. But my server is not in the cluster its only one IS and one MWS.

Please help me out in this.

Thanks
Gayathri

Hi Ramesh,

I would copy the war file in the deploy folder. But my server is not in the cluster its only one IS and one MWS.

Please help me out in this.

Thanks
Gayathri

Hi Gayathri,
Is the portlet that you were deploying to 8.2 MWS has got any errors in your 7.1.2 environment?.

The other option that you could try is import the CAF projects to your 8.2 Designer and Repair them. Try publishing the Portlet from 8.2 Designer to MWS 8.2.

Let me know the outcome of this.

Thanks
Ramesh

Hi Gayathri,

Could you please provide me the detailed steps followed to migrate CAF portlet from 7.1.2 to 8.2. Even I’m held up in migrating the CAF portlet.

Many Thanks,
Santhosh