How to customize API Portal title?

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

API Portal 10.7

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

I’d like to change the title of an API Portal instance. By title I mean the title displayed on the browser tab, not the title on the main page. The default title is “webMethods API Portal” or some localized version of this. Is there any property key for customizing this? Unfortunately, I didn’t find a hint in the API Portal Customization Guide.

1 Like

Hi Christian,
Can you please share a screenshot on what you are trying to achieve?

Regards.

Hi Prabavathy,
I’ve added a screenshot to the initial post.
Best regards,
Christian

To change the title, change the property in the following file, [InstallDir]\API_Portal\server\bin\work\work_apiportalbundle_s\base\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\config\apiportal\localization\plugin\base\base.properties

base.title.DBT

** Restart the APIPortalBundle post this change.

2 Likes

Thank you @Arul_Pragasam_Rajendran. This indeed let me achieve the desired result.

I noticed that the title still changes to some API Portal defaults when navigating e.g. to the API gallery. This can be solved by adjusting additional properties. The relevant file is <InstallDir>/API_Portal/server/bin/work/work_apiportalbundle_<size>/base/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/config/apiportal/localization/views/views.properties and the properties to be changed are views.gallery.browserTabTitle.DBI etc., i. e. all properties that contain the name browserTabTitle.

This is a summary of post #4 and post #6 since the forum doesn’t support accepting multiple answers.

To change the tab title displayed by the browser, adjust the subsequently specified properties in the following files:
<InstallDir>/API_Portal/server/bin/work/work_apiportalbundle_<size>/base/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/config/apiportal/localization/

• plugin/base/base.properties:
    • base.title.DBT
  • views/views.properties:
    • views.home.browserTabTitle.DBI
    • views.gallery.browserTabTitle.DBI
    • etc. (all properties that contain the name browserTabTitle)

Additionally, adjust the language-specific translation files (e. g. base_de.properties) according to your needs.

Finally, restart the API Portal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.