APIKey in QueryString generates Unable to identify the application for the request

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Product: AG API Gateway 10.1

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Environments QA / Production Instance

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

Goal : We use APIKey as headers but in some situations is more convenient to use it as querystring

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Some data in the url and response has been adjusted for security purposes

When calling
POST /gateway/orders/1/submit?APIKey=8b4ac834-984d-4ce1-a710-234cb3e5b52a

We get

{ “Exception”:"[ { “errors”: [ {

“title”: " Unable to identify the application for the request",
“detail”: “API Gateway encountered an error. Request Details - Service: SSSSSSSSS, Operation: /OOOOOOOO, Invocation Time: 10:52:12 AM, Date: Jan 26, 2023, Client IP: AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA User: Default and Application: null” } ] }]"}

It works as expected when using the http header

Strange. I would double-check the key value to make sure it is as it should be, though I suspect you’ve already done that. If the value the doesn’t work as the APIKey URL parameter works in the x-Gateway-APIKey header, as you’ve stated, I think it is time to open a ticket with support.

Do share the screenshot of IAM policy configuration.

@John_Leyva , looks strange , when you pass the authentication key details as URL query parameter [ APIKey ] it will work in the way how x-gateway-apikey headers works. Can you troubleshooting by enabling debug and looks for any abnormality.

Attach your Sample API

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.