Upgrading a Java Service from webM6.5 to webM 7.1

Hi,

I am currently exploring 7.1. I have deployed 6.5 code on 71 and did some minor modification and when I try to save it now I get error saying

C:\webM71\IntegrationServer\packages\Utils\code\source\Utils\Converions.java:8: cannot access com.wm.util.Values
bad class file: C:\webM71\common\lib\wm-isclient.jar(com/wm/util/Values.class)
class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
import com.wm.util.Values;

I have also viewed the class files present in wm-isclient.jar file and it contains the com.wm.util.Values.Class but not sure about the version 49.0 and 48.0

Has someone faced a similar situation ?
Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards
Yogesh

Yogesh,

Your javac compiler is pointing to jdk 1.4. You need 1.5 for webMethods 7.1. Byte code version 49.0 is jdk 1.5.

Setting the right compiler will solve your problem.

Rupinder

Welcome back Rupinder! It’s been a long time since you posted. Will we see you around more?

Hi,

Thanks Rupinder. I am able to compile java services after installing jdk1.5

Rob,

Thanks for the welcome. I always resolveto be a little more active but never get around to actually doing it. With all the new stuff flying around I am pretty sure you realize that it is hard to keep pace and have some time for your own too. In the meantime, I will keep posting once in a while to ensure I am not forgotten.

Rupinder