Set the default user language via api or sso

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

.cumulocity.com; 10.11; Azure B2C

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Hi Community,

is there a way to set the users UI-language in Cumulocity via API or sso?

In the documentation I found that the UI language is selected according to the following rules:

1. The language selected in the Cumulocity IoT user settings.

2. The language selected in the browser preferences.

3. The operating system language.

Where is the selected language stored? I would have expected to find something in the user API, but it doesn’t seem to contain any language information.

The preferred language is included in the ID token (Azure B2C), so it would also be available for user creation and access.

Thanks,

Felix

Hi Felix,

in general there are several user preferences which are not stored in the user-object itself.
There are further managed objects in the inventory with type “c8y_UserPreference” - owned by the user itself - which contain further settings like language settings.
Those objects are only there if the user has custom settings, like a different language than the default (English).

As an example: If a user has a language set you would find a managed object like below:
In this case “de” (Deutsch) is set for my user:

{
  "languagekai__sieben@softwareag__com": "de",
  "owner": "kai.sieben@softwareag.com",
  "type": "c8y_UserPreference",
  [...]
}

Regards
Kai

2 Likes

Thanks Kai, I created the managedObject for a new user and was able to set the preferred language!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.