Scheduler questions

Hi Reamon,

In webMethod there is any component which can continuously call a webService in a particular time interval (like scheduler).

Thanks
A Shah

The IS task scheduler can invoke a local helper service that in turn calls a web service.

Hi Reamon,

I am able to create a webMethods service and test it. functionality of my service is to just read a file and append it to another file (c:/employee.txt to c:/employee1.txt). Here now i want to schedule this service to run in particular time interval e.g. 5 sec. So i tried it to using webMethods scheduler task screen. As attached in with this post. But, i am getting an error [COLOR=Red]Error scheduling task:Please help me out. I am very new to webMethods but trying step by step. What mistake i am doing here.

Thanks
Ashish Shah

[/COLOR]

It’s odd that the error reason is blank. But have you confirmed that the service name is correct? You have sd.flat:FlatFile shown in the scheduler but I see you have 2 tabs in Firefox labelled sd:FlatFile. Is that the name of the service? The best way to make sure you get the name right is to right-click the service in Developer and select copy. Then paste that into the service name field in the scheduler. That will copy/paste the full service name.

Hi Reamon,

Querry 1 :

I have installed wM 7.1.2 (Both Integration Server and Broker). As i have seen that to Administrate the Broker in 6.x there was “[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]http://localhost:5555/WmBrokerAdmin[/color]” link available. But in 7.1.2 this link is not responding. And when i saw the documentation it says to administrate the Broker use myWebMethods. But i have not installed the myWebMethods at my system. So question is How to administrate the Broker without myWebMethod in 7.1.2?

[FONT=Verdana]Thanks
A Shah

[/font]

Broker administration was removed from IS. My webMethods is the required tool for Broker administration–you must install it to do Broker Administration.

Hi Reamon,

Thanks for your quick reply. To install My webMethods should install the complete product again or just i can again run the installer and selecting the product(My webMethods) will install the webMethods.

Thanks
A Shah

Hi Reamon,

I have checked the service name was correct and i also tried for other servcies but it was giving the sane error(Error scheduling task: ) if i tried the wrong service name then it says no service exist.

In Server Error Log Says

2009-05-05 12:40:14 IST wm.server.schedule:addTask java.lang.NullPointerException
2009-05-05 12:40:14 IST wm.server.schedule:addUserTask java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

you need to install only My webMethods.

Specify a value for the “if more than” ______ “minutes late” setting. I think that might be the culprit but I’m not sure.

Hi Reamon,

I have the scenerio here as below.

1. I am calling a webservice(HelloWorld) from IS. Using wsconnector. (I am able to do that)

2. I am able to see the result in result area of Developer. tns:HelloworldResponse HelloWorld

3. Now i want to write that response to a file. So i am using a service which is available in wsSample writeToFile.

4. Here my actual problem is that how can i convert the response to string. So i can write it into the file. Here i found that tns:HelloWorld response is in IS document type.

What i think should i have to parse the SOAP response to get the actual web Service output. Or there is a service which help me to do that ?
Please help me i am aproching right way. If not than tell me which guide should i refer to parse the webService response. I have already read the “7-1-1_Web_Services_Developers_Guide.pdf” but here i am not finding how to get the response in Object format.

Thanks
A Shah

pub.xml:documentToXMLString will convert the IS document (which is the SOAP response IS converted to an IS document for you).

Hi Reamon,

I am still facing the problem with scheduling task.
I have created a service which will read data from file and append it to other file. And i tried to keep this service in the schedule task for every 5 seconds. Means it will read data from file in every five seconds and append it to other file. Here i have a doubt that i need to do something more with the service to make available the scheduler. What i did, created the flow service in developer and just unlock it. And try to schedule it. Any more things i need to do make available this service to scheduler. Error i am getting is

Error scheduling task:

Thanks in Advance
A Shah

Hi Reamon,

I am still facing the problem with scheduling task.
I have created a service which will read data from file and append it to other file. And i tried to keep this service in the schedule task for every 5 seconds. Means it will read data from file in every five seconds and append it to other file. Here i have a doubt that i need to do something more with the service to make available the scheduler. What i did, created the flow service in developer and just unlock it. And try to schedule it. Any more things i need to do make available this service to scheduler. Error i am getting is

Error scheduling task:

Error Log in Server
java.lang.NullPointerException at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleDB.getConnection(ScheduleDB.java:825) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleDB.stickTheTaskInTheDB(ScheduleDB.java:1575) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleManager.addComplexTask(ScheduleManager.java:226) at wm.server.schedule.genericUpdateTask(schedule.java:1418) at wm.server.schedule.addUserTask(schedule.java:1043) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:413) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:631) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:40) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:241) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:51) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:228) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:30) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:624) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:536) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:381) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:237) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:119) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:91) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Service.doInvoke(Service.java:614) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Service.doInvoke(Service.java:529) at wm.server.schedule.addTask(s ffdcd460438411de90139d0bd4fc2d1f NULL ffdcd460438411de90139d0bd4fc2d1f 2009-05-18 13:52:17 IST wm.server.schedule:addUserTask java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleDB.getConnection(ScheduleDB.java:825) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleDB.stickTheTaskInTheDB(ScheduleDB.java:1575) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleManager.addComplexTask(ScheduleManager.java:226) at wm.server.schedule.genericUpdateTask(schedule.java:1418) at wm.server.schedule.addUserTask(schedule.java:1043) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Thanks in Advance
A Shah

Seems like the IS setup/configuration is not complete. Confirm that you’ve completed all the installation and post-installation steps.

Hi Raemon,

As i understand while installing webMethods i checked for external RDBMS and selected SQL Server 2005 and put the whole URL. But when i checked in the database there is no table related to the webMethods. Means i need to run some script to create the database which was used by ISInternal. As i know all the scheduling information is saved in the ISInternal. Should i need to create the external DB using some script.

Thanks
A Shah

The tables in SQL Server do indeed need to be created. If it wasn’t successful during install then you’ll need to either run install again or use the DB configuration tool (I think that’s still around?). You’ll need DB credentials that have privileges to create/alter in order for either to work.

Hi Reamon,

Thanks for replying and creating the Database resolved my problem.

Thanks
A Shah

Hi Raemon,

Here i have a design like, to read xml data from a Database in particular time interval. and parse that xml and again create a new xml and send it to other database to persist the data. This all logic we are implementing using single IS. Do we really need the Broker. We want to process millions of record from the database. We are planning to use following component. 1. Integartion Server 2. JDBC Adapter 3. Broker

Thanks
A Shah