Query DB Connection

Hi all,

I am running the below service and it showing up an error.I have mentioned both flowoverview and the errormessage.The webmethods version is 6.1.What i am trying to do here is quering the connection state of the JDBC adapter connection first and the enabling the JDBC Connection.

CAN the 2 services mentioned below be used one after the other because they are working fine when i invoke them individually but getting an error when used in the same flow service

Flow Overview:

Invoke:pub.art.connection:queryConnectionState
Invoke:pub.art.connection:enableConnection

Input is Name space of JDBC Adapter connection(which is disabled)

Below is the error i have received.

Could not run ‘Service’.

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ART.118.5043] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to disable connection resource [ART.118.5029] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to disable connection Namespace. Connection is already disabled.

Thanks,
vkram

Hi guys,

I have tried in different combinations of the two services that i mentioned above.they are working fine when used/run individually but throwing an error when they are wrapped in the same service.Even tried on different machines/IS servers.

Does this need a fix.

Thanks,
Ram

PS. i got no replys the last time ,atleast say like the question is wrong or stupid.Thanks

It’s been my experience that when people have a meaningful answer, they will post it. It’s also been my experience that when someone complains about not getting an answer from this all-volunteer group that people sometimes get annoyed.

Hi all,

I am new to webmethods so i was not even sure if the question was right,wrong or stupid one.

thanks for reply reamon.

Ram

Try this and let us know if this works…

Invoke:pub.art.connection:queryConnectionState
MAP drop or rename the “connectionState” pipeline variable…
Invoke:pub.art.connection:enableConnection

This issue is fixed in v6.1SP2; so you may want to also upgrade to IS6.1 SP2.

HTH,
Saurabh

saurabh i tried dropping the variable also but it didnt work.
The solution i tried is publishing a document after checking the connection state(if disable) and subscribing too it and enabling the connection.Solves the problem but its not the right thing do i guess.

Thanks for the fix though.

Ram

looking further in your post, please confirm and let us know; Though your pub/sub solution works for you, you should get this working without this roundabout approach!!

Saurabh,

I FLOW and the Error mentioned are true.
I am enquirying and trying to enable the Disabled connection.
and the error says “The connection is already Disabled”.(doesnt make any sense).But that is the error.

But the same flow is working fine in 6.5 version.

And it is showing the same error on different 6.1 machines ( i tried 2 different IS servers).

Thanks,
Ram

oh… wow…

check and see if getResourceState and setResourceState works for you (search wmusers.com to get more info on these set of services)…

Let us know on the results…

Saurabh,

It is working fine.

Any reasons why didnt work with other set of services.

Thanks,
Ram

I guess then just use get/set ResourceState services until you upgrade to v6.1 SP2 or later…