Locate webMethods Component Release Notes

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

WmLogUtil 9.6.0.0.238

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Licensed

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Find the versioned release notes for WmLogUtil and other Wm* components.

I would expect Software AG to have a web page listing of all components of this nature with links to related release notes and other significant documentation. After a looking for for a while I have been not found where this is.

Hi Alan,

wM 9.6 is quite old and out of support now.
Therefore it will be difficult to find the old documentation for these parts as the documentation system most likely will only provide documentation for the current releases being actively supported.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the reply.

Where would I find a references to the newer version of this component?
I’ve tried to search some of the general release note pdf yet have not found anything. Locating fetching then searching pdf to find if they have what I’m looking for is quite a pain.
I notice that components are often not referred to using their unique condensed names (wmLogUntil) which complicates searching for specific information.

My main goal here is to become familiar with finding information in Software AG so I’m able to efficiently and be confident of the results found. As you mention WmLogUtil is somewhat old so I picked that to find out a bit about, to determine why an old version has persisted being used without being updated for so long and if newer version exist.
If it turns out there are updates and good reason to use them then I might see about getting these applied to our installation.

Regards,
Alan Carlyle

Regarding other Wm* packages , for example WmPublic, the documentation is at https://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/integration_server/pie10-7/10-7_Integration_Server_Built_In_Services_Reference.pdf , In general the landing page for all webMethods documentation is at https://documentation.softwareag.com/, you can then choose the product /version.

-NP

Thanks Nagendra.

I was looking in Software AG Product Documentation yet when I did a search in the search box provided for WmLogUtil, and variations based on this, I was unable to locate any documentation. Oddly even searching for WmPublic, and other provided packages such as WmJSONAPI, does not return any results.

I did download the PDF earlier prior to starting this thread yet when I searched it I could not find any reference to WmLogUtil. There’s information in PDF on the WmPublic and some on other packages though I’m not sure how complete this is.

I’m trying to workout how to find relevant (release notes and usage info) documentation for most standard packages regardless of how popular or commonly used they are just in case some situation arise where this is necessary.

Fair point , currently I believe the documentation is organized based on the products /utilities instead of packages, one example being the Integration Server Built in services guide which is isn’t referred to as the WmPublic guide . I see that it is the same with other products which have their own Administrators and a Built in Services guide(Trading networks for example).
I would wait to see if anyone else has more information to add.

Hi Alan,

looks like WmLogUtil 9.6 is the last version for wM 9.x stream.
I am not sure if it has been reversioned for the wM 10.x stream like it has been done with Broker, which got a 10.5 version derived from the wM 9.6 version with Fixes for 9.6 wrapped up into the GA version for 10.5.

Additionally I am not sure if this utility will work with UM as messaging backbone as it was originally designed to work with Broker.

Regards,
Holger

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.