JDBC Connection to Novell Directory Services NDS

Has anyone been connecting to NDS through JDBC connection in wM? I need to query NDS to get a list of Novell Users, Full Name, VPN Accounts, etc., which I successfully did through NDS ODBC connection in Microsoft Query.

I searched everywhere in wM documentation, but nothing about JDBC for NDS. The closest thing I can find is in Novell website, LDAP JDBC driver. So I download “ldapjdbc.jar” and put it in wM class path, restarted IS, but still not able to create JDBC connection. Guess my only luck is to ask if anyone has done it before…

Jin,

Did you also kept this ldapjdbc.jar file in the WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars/static folder and restarted the IS?

Hi, RMG,

Yes, I did put ldapjdbc.jar in that folder. When clicking “about” to display the jars in the classpath, I can see ldapjdbc.jar there.

I also restarted IS afterwards, does not seem to fix the problem.

Jin

Jin,

Also you can make use of WmPublic/pub.ldap folder services to connect to directory services like DominoServer,Novell etc…

Please check the ISAdministrator guide regarding configurin LDAP connectivity to DS.

HTH,
RMG.

Hi, RMG,

I decided to move away from ldap. Instead, I want to call an external program (eg, batch or exe file) that can query NDS and output the query result.

There does not seem to have easy way of calling a batch file from wM, except creating a java service. Problem is I know little about java service. I created a java service under developer, then it gave me an error “Unable to locate or start compiler”. I then download and installed j2eesdk-1_4-windows.exe from SUN website, still not working. I wish webMethods can make it easier to run an external program…

Any suggestions? Thanks
Jin

Jin,

This error is common and been discussed in lot of threads.

Search on this “Unable to locate or start compiler” in the wmusers search facility you will see lot of results on how to fix this.

HTH,
RMG.