JDBC 603 Feature Pack 1 failure

Hi,
I have downloaded and installed the JDBC 6.0.3 Feature Pack 1 and after this my IS does not start. I get this error

2004-06-09 21:03:51 CEST [ISS.0028.0001C] Loading packages
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “*”
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:468)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:518)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.PackageManager.checkDependencyVersion(PackageManager.java:1894)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.PackageManager.makeGraph(PackageManager.java:1775)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.PackageManager.getLoadOrder(PackageManager.java:1954)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.PackageManager.loadPackages(PackageManager.java:329)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.PackageManager.init(PackageManager.java:218)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:272)

Has anybody seen the problem and knows how to resolve it?

TIA

Problem solves. The version of the WmJDBCAdapter after installing the Feature Pack 1 is 6.0.3.1. This is the format of the version which makes PackageManager fail. The PackageManager obviously takes only versions like 6.x.x.
So to make it work one needs to update the version of the WmJDBCAdapter to 6.0.3 after FeaturePack 1 install.

Thanks for the update,

FYI…
I have IS 6.1 running on Windows 2000 having JDBC 6.0.3 Feature Pack 1 without this problem.

I guess this might have been related to IS6.0.1??

Janusz, please post the server version you faced this problem on?

• Saurabh.

Strange, I am running IS 6.1 as well.

Hi Janusz ,
Here is the Package Information:

Package Name WmJDBCAdapter
Version 6.0.3.1
Build 8

We have IS6.1 running on Window 2000. Is it the same OS for you?

Also, can you try changing the version of the WmJDBCAdapter package to 6.0.3.1 and see if it throws the error again for you?

• Saurabh.

Hi Saurabh,
Really bizarre. I am running W2K as well and the WmJDBCAdapter build is 8. Same as you have. I have changed back the version to 6.0.3.1 and I am getting java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “*”.

Don’t know if this makes sense to dig into this problem. I just change the version to 6.0.3 and this works.

Regards.

Ok… But this is quite strange…

Lets not debug more into this, as it works when changed to 6.0.3; If other users face the problem, then we can debug more into this.

• Saurabh.