Java code from my IDE to WM

hai all,
i want to develop a custom adapter…i don’t how to strat and flow steps to create adapter .i want full details to develop custom adapter…

thanks in advance…

Vasanth,

I assume you are asking for the location of the documentation. :sunglasses:

Please check the following directory:
…\IntegrationServer\doc\adk

This is the documentation for 6.x ART adapter development.

Regards

Vasanth,

I think there are very few cases that warrant creating a custom adapter using the ADK. Perhaps you could tell us more about what you are trying to do?

Let’s say you’ve got to integrate with some ERP package for which webMethods does not have a pre-existing adapter. If you only need to do a few things with that ERP package (let’s say create a customer, create an order and create an invoice), you can do that without creating a custom adapter. You would just work with the API, web services or database structure that your ERP vendor provides in order to do those three things.

On the other hand, if you need to somehow expose all of the functionality of your ERP package and make that functionality available to many development teams, then you might need to build a custom adapter. Even then, I would examine the problem carefully to see if it is worth the extra effort.

HTH,

Mark

:smiley: the problem in this solution is the path. I tried with:
watt.server.compile=D:\webMethods7\jvm\win150\bin\javac -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}
watt.server.compile.unicode=D:\webMethods7\jvm\win150\bin\javac -encoding Unicode -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}

and work for me!.

==================================================

What could be the problem if I’m not seeing in the Developer IDE the fragmented code generated by running the jcode update command?

I created the java code in netbeans IDE, and successfully compiled and fragmented it. I checked the code/classes dir and ns dir and the generated files are there. What should I do? I tried to reload the package in the Developer IDE and reconnect to the IS but to no avail.