How to receive response on cumulocity of a api

@Stefan_Witschel thanks for your support
what if i will to send something from child device shell of cumulocity , will it work or not ?

It will, you just have to add an unique ID of the child device to the topic when sending 501, 502 or 503: s/us/{{Unique ID of Child Device}}

Example: s/us/myPrettyDevice123 (where myPrettyDevice123 is the Unique ID.

hi @Stefan_Witschel
I am sending something from child device shell but not receiving at my subscribed topic it worked for parent device but not for child I am Attaching image take look

please tell me where i am wrong

In your screen you are on the parent device I guess because there are child devices beneath that device.

If you send something from the child device shell you should receive something like this “511,myPrettyChildDevice,test” on the root device where “myPrettyChildDevice” is the unique ID of the child device.

If the child device has been created via MQTT it should also receive the operations of all child devices on the root device via “s/ds”. I just tested it, it is working fine for me.

@Stefan_Witschel Thanks for confirming
but this is child device of a parent device and it also have some child device .
in this case it’s not working I will follow steps and get back to you .

@Stefan_Witschel Thanks for your continues support it worked for both child device as well as parents device .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.