How to configure c8ycli to use our enterprise repository?

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Cumulocity-Web SDK guide

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

Create first web application starting from your tutorial

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

In my configuration, I use an internal repository which could be synchronised with Internet ones. Is there a solution to configure repository (my enterprise repository instead of registry npmjs org) ?

c8ycli.cmd new myApp tutorial
FetchError: request to registry.npmjs.org @c8y%2fapps failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND registry.npmjs.org
    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (C:\Users\<users>\MyApps\node-v14.15.3-win-x64\node_modules\@c8y\cli\node_modules\node-fetch-npm\src\index.js:68:14)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:469:9)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:106:8)
    at emitErrorCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:74:3)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21) {
  type: 'system',
  errno: 'ENOTFOUND',
  code: 'ENOTFOUND'
}

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

I installed @c8y/cli

Hi Franck,

you should be able to specify the registry using the -r or --registry options.
See:

c8ycli new --help
Usage: cli new [options] [name] [template]

Create a folder to start a brand new application.

Options:
  -r, --registry <registryUrl>    Url for the npm registry used to fetch applications package
  -a, --appPackage <packageName>  Define a different package used for scaffolding a new application (default is @c8y/apps).
  --ci                            Optimized scaffolding for CI integration. Does not verify if packages are available in the used version.
  -h, --help                      output usage information

Regards,
Tristan

1 Like

Hi Tristan,

Thanks, it solved my issue.

I read the documentation on your web site and i did not find the details you mentionned in your reply. If I am right, it could be useful to add it in the documentation.

regards,
Franck.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.