MashzoneNext 10.3v supports predefined 'geo map' widget to display interested geo locations on the map.It supports 2 types of maps
- Vector map
- Map with markers
Vector map widget:
When to use:If you have a template(.geojson file) representing an outline map and various regions within that map and you want to dispaly and interact with those regions then add 'Vector map' to the dashboard.
How to use:
1)Template .geojson files must be kept in <MashZone NextGen installation>\apache-tomcat\webapps\mashzone\hub\dashboard\assets\geomap\default\vectormaps
2)Add 'vector map'
3)Select the required template
4)Click 'Assign data' and select any of the data source
5)Provide a data column that matches the region's identifier
6)Pick a measure column for which threshold based colors could be assigned
Note:Even without any data assignments, based on the template(geojson) chosen, data users will be able to select regions on the vector map, this allowing users to fire selection events, and filter other widgets.
Vector maps could be used without data assignment too. But if the user chooses to have data assigned here are the fields that would be available for configuration
- Region identifier column*- The user will need to pick a column for the region identifier from source data, and the user will also need to pick the identifier column from the region data (available via the geojson file)
- Name - This field will allow specifying a name for the region, that would implicitly be used in the label & tooltip
- Threshold column (numeric) - This field will allow threshold definition as part of advanced properties for this selected column, each threshold will have an associated color
Map with markers widget:
When to use:If you know geo locations(latitude & longitude) and want to mark them on the map then add 'Map with markers' to the dashbaord.
How to use:
1)Add 'Map with markers'
2)Select the required template
3)Click 'Assign data' and select any of the data source
4)Pick geo-coordinate data columns representing the latitude & longitude of each data point.
5)Pick a data column that uniquely identifies the marker
6)Marker color by threshold - Choose a numeric column from assigned data and specify thresholds to determine the color of the associated marker
7)Pick a label column
- Marker ID column - A field is provided to let the user choose a unique identifier for a marker. The marker ID is used as a selection handle..
- Latitude column*
- Longitude column*
- Marker threshold column (numeric) - This field will have advanced properties to provide thresholds that determine color of the marker.
- Label column - A field is provided to let the user choose a column that will provide label values for the corresponding marker.