custom java input variable

Hi,
I need to write a flow service that should accept a variable of type org.apache.axis2.context.MessageContext class as input. If i create a variable of type “Object”, will that suffice?

Thanks.

What would be invoking this service and why do you want to support passing a Java object? I would think whatever system has the MessageContext would instead send SOAP/MTOM and should not use internal implementation details as the data exchange representation.

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply. I was trying my hand at writing an ESB flow service on Integration Server to be used along with CentraSite and Mediator (for processing the request before it hits the actual web-service endpoint). As per the CentraSite Active SOA documentation on SAG’s site, it is mentioned as follows:

The input pipeline for a webMethods ESB service should have the following variables:

• SOAPEnvelope: This is of the type org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPEnvelope.
  • MessageContext: This is of the type org.apache.axis2.context.MessageContext. The output pipeline will be of the same types.
    Integration Server users can use the Axis2 MessageContext object to manipulate the incoming SOAP request. The Integration Server provides built-in services (i.e., the pub.soap.* services) to work with the MessageContext object to get/set/modify the SOAP body, header, properties, etc. Integration Server users should use these services to extract the information they need from the MessageContext to build the necessary business logic. Users do not need to understand Axis2 or Axiom (the xml object model based on StAX) to work with the SOAP request, because if they are familiar with the Integration Server pub.soap services, they can accomplish most of the tasks.

Please let me know if I have interpreted it in a wrong way.

Thanks.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, an input variable of type Object is the right type to use.