Cumulocity IoT Edge 10.11 is available for download
We are happy to announce the availability of Cumulocity IoT Edge 10.11, which can be downloaded from the Software AG Empower platform (https://empower.softwareag.com/ ).
Next to the Cumulocity IoT 10.11 improvements, this Edge release brings further Edge-specific configuration options in the Administration Application of the Edge management tenant, support for remote upgrades as well as multiple usabilities and stability improvements.
New Edge-specific configurations:
- Ability to change Edge domain name, the product license and renewing SSL certificates via the Edge Administration UI
- Ability to restart the Edge VM via UI
- Configuring the Edge VM disk size via UI
- Configuring time sync and NTP settings via UI
- Activating/Deactivating Microservice Hosting via UI
All of the options above are described in our documentation and also can be used for automation via our REST APIs.
Easy upgrade and Edge device management
From version 10.9 on, Edge can be easily upgraded via the Administration UI by using the 10.11 upgrade package. Furthermore from version 10.11, by connecting your Edge to another Cumulocity IoT tenant, we added the capability to upgrade Edge devices remotely:
- The latest Edge upgrade archives can be downloaded from the Software AG Empower Software Download Centre
- The selected upgrade archives can then be stored in the Cumulocity IoT Firmware repository or any other network location (e.g. network drive)
- Edge devices which are connected to a Cumulocity IoT cloud tenant can then be upgraded via the Firmware Management functionality
• Release notes: Edge - Cumulocity IoT Guides
• Documentation link: Introduction - Cumulocity IoT Guides
• Download Cumulocity IoT Edge from: https://empower.softwareag.com/
• Open API Specifications Cumulocity IoT - OpenAPI Specifications