Creating a flat file structure in webMethods.io Integration takes hours? Is there a way to quickly generate a flatfile schema? Give an example of this

Dave,

Creating a flat file structure in webmethod io integration takes hours?

Is there a way to quickly generate a flatfile schema?

Give an example of this.

Hello , could you please update on about flatfile?

You can create from a sample file if you have one already - this quickly accelerates the schema creation.

Also, if it’s something not too complex like a CSV, you can even avoid just creating the schema, and use the FlatFile services inside the FlowService directly without creating a schema, which is honestly a path I do take quite often :smiley:.

image.

I’ve raised some Features to improve the usability of the FlatFile connector, but I can’t give dates yet on when these will be available - there are some other higher prio features we have to get completed first.

1 Like

Does this one escape delimiters that appear in the data the way WmFlatFile does? Cool if it does.

1 Like

You can provide a text qualifier, so it will wrap that around strings. If you have the qualifier character inside that string it does do the escaping - it’s really just WmFlatFile anyway, just presented slightly differently :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.