Correct way to retry IS Trigger Service

Hi Reamon,
In fact I am using an MQ series as JMS provider. I tried the solution described in this thread using the “Suspend and Retry Later” option whitch provides a way to resubmit the message programmatically and prevents the trigger from retrieving and processing other messages until the cause of the transient error condition has been remedied.
However, in case of a retry failure, the trigger is suspended but the message is not recovered in the MQ series.
I highlight the fact that it works well when we have a broker as JMS provider. However it does not work with MQ series (websphere MQ).
any idea please?

Audit logging is at the service level, not the message level. If the service is configured for audit logging and configured to save the pipeline then it should be resubmittable via MWS regardless of the message status on a queue.

I understand what you say. However, this not the point of my question. My problem is that,unlike the broker JMS, the message is not recovered in the MQ series queue. I tested with both.

1. in case of broker jms provider: the trigger is suspended and the message is recovered
    2. in case of MQ series: the trigger is suspended but the message not is recovered
    I don t know the reasons of such differences!

My confusion I guess. I was focused on the “I would like to know how could we retry manually the service trigger when the max retry attempts is reached.”

And do you have an idea Reamon about how could we resolve it?

If you mean for “I would like to know how could we retry manually the service trigger when the max retry attempts is reached.”

My comment earlier was, if audit logging is configured for the service the service can be resubmitted via MWS.

If you’re referring to your question about why the message doesn’t go back onto the JMS queue, I do not have any info.

@reamon - Is there an alternative approach which doesnt use MWS or Audit Logging.

I would prefer to move the message to a RETRY.Q and retry every n-hours(m-attempts). Subsequently move the message to DEAD.LETTER.Q.

How can this be done?

Best Regards,
Franklin