Copy recurring Google Calendar events into new event

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

webMethods.io Integration

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Free forever trial.

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

I have a flow that triggers when I create an event in my private Google Calendar, and creates a new event in a public (work) calendar. It works well for single events, but I can’t get it to work for recurring events. Recurring events will have a recurrence array, containing one or more elements, for instance RRULE:FREQ=DAILY for daily repeating events.

However, while I can map many details from the trigger event to the Create Event node just fine - id, startTime, endTime etc - I cannot map the recurrence fields because they are a drop-down menu selection, and not fields that you can set from input data.

Is there any way around this? The only workable solution I can think of would be to branch out and have one Create Event node per possible combination of recurrence rules, which would lead to a massive set of branches just to cover the 1-rule scenario (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly etc). That just isn’t a workable solution… any suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.