Connectivity to Actility LoRa

Hi

I am trying to connect my Cunulocity tenant to my Actility ThingParkWIreless (from Swisscom).
In Cumulocity I have to provide an Application EUI on the credentiel setting for Actility.

What does this mean? Isn’t this different for every type of a device?
I have several different devices (different products) with different App EUI.

Thanks for helping
Johannes

Hi Johannes,

the Application EUI is for grouping the LoRa devices and its related to the application server and that’s the reason its maintained on connectivity settings.

AppEUI - 64 bit number (in v1.1 “AppEUI is renamed JoinEUI”)
This is the unique ID of the Application server. The AppEUI is also unique and should be obtained from the IEEE. This is the destination of the messages sent by the nodes.

The AppEUI is unique to the Application Server and each Application Server will have its own AppEUI. AppEUI: this key is linked to the Application Server. The AppEUI is usually provided to the end node manufacturers by the solution providers (who “own” the Application Server).

Do not create a unique JoinEUI per device and do not use a random sequence. If an OUI is not available, use all zeros to indicate that a join server is not available.

Best regards
Christian

Hello Johannes,

I’m trying to achieve the same as you: Link our cumulocity tenant to Actility, but keep getting errors.
Were you successful?
Could you use the Actility integration feature for different sensor types in Actility?

Thanks for your insight,
Francis

Hi Francis,

what kind of errors do you receive?

Best regards
Christian

Hello Christian,

When setting credentials on the Actility connectivity provider in C8y I get:
“message”: “Authorization to the LoRa platform failed”,
“error”: “Actility Microservice Error”

I’m working on tenant t33402052 (C8y version 1010.0.12):
I use these parameters to set the credentials:
Profile ID= tp-eu-API ( thingparkenterprise.eu.actility )
Username= francis.vandunglobal.ntt => Logon onto Actility url works.
Application EUI= 58A0CB0001500000 (or 00000000000000000 or …)

I have no way of troubleshooting this and eliminating the Actility or Cumulocity side of the problem, as I don’t know the API calls being done by C8y to Actility.

Hi Christian
Sorry for the late response.
It is working now on my side.
I used the AppEUI from Swisscom Actility they provide.
Initially, I had to create the credentiels for the actility connectivity new after a few days. Now it works fine and I used different sensors with it. But all my sensors are in Switzerland, so I have no roaming where the AppEUI is really needed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.